06 Apr What Matters to Employers Looking for Soft Skills?
Apart from your academic qualifications and field experiences, professional skills also known as soft skills play a pivotal role in an individual’s career. Soft skills are the non-technical abilities of the candidate which enables you to interact in an effectual manner. Holding soft skills makes you an ideal candidate. While in the interview you should be able to demonstrate your soft skills as your selection depends on plenty of these attributes.
Hard skills may be for eligibility bit what recruiters actually look for are your professional skills, as they want to hire someone who can be a leader. It is difficult to define soft skills as they are the people skills. The way you interact and work with other people, whether they are your colleagues or customers. Communication skills, social skills, emotional intelligence, problem-solving skills and personality traits touch soft skills. Personality development classes in Delhi also emphasise on teaching soft skills to the candidates.
Skills Employers Eye
Soft skills are the most hunted skills in the market. The top skills demanded by the recruiters are
- You should be able to work as a team member by cooperating with others and also possess leadership skills. As business organisations are never one man army these quality is crucial.
- By communication skills, we imply being able to articulate yourself in the best possible way.
- Problem Solving. You should possess enough creativity and strategic skills to deal with any obstacle at work.
- Candidate should carry the right confidence. Having confidence in place makes you more appealing among employers and customers.
- You should always be open to getting feedback. Take it in a positive manner and improving skills.
The requirement of soft skills may differ by the type of job. For example Information Technology most importantly require innovative and creative skills, strong written communication skills. In marketing, you require a strong personality and persuasive skills. For getting hired as a manager you require a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
How to gain these skills? Soft Skill training in Delhi could be the best place to hone these skills.